Wednesday, June 10, 2009

It's a God thing...

Joe & I don't often speak of our relationship with Christ. We should...we have a great one-but it's very personal, as we both established our current beliefs later in life and they hold deep meaning for each of us. It's almost like bearing our soul for all to see. We agree that now is the time for that bearing of the soul because God is doing the most amazing things in our lives-besides, we should do it more often anyway. In this day & age, there isn't enough God talk, so we're gonna do it now.
Sometimes, blessings are in disguise...we all know that. Ours came in the form of our newest arrival. For as long as Joe & I have known each other, we've been in agreement for what our family life should be. He'll work, I'll be mom & wife. Until we got pregnant with Josh, we weren't living that way, and we were both very unhappy because of it. We both felt, though, that we couldn't make ends meet and it would be very irresponsible of us to even try to go without the income that I generated. Well, having Josh & Max both in daycare, in addition to Mykah's before & after school program, would have completely exhausted my income. We also believed that we needed to put our lives completely in God's hands and show Him that we have complete faith in His control and plan for us. So we made the terrifying leap and He's shown us over & over that He's "got our backs" and it's been AWESOME to be part of.
We have to go back 2 years to really acknowledge all of it. Moving here was scary, but we prayed about it and knew it was supposed to happen. As a result, we've grown rock solid as a family. Joe found me a job months before I was even here just by going to dinner with his new coworkers. That job helped support us until this February, but it also reaffirmed our desire to have me home with the kids. By that job being too much to allow Joe & I the family life that we desire, our decision for me to not return after Josh was born was almost unquestionable-but still more scary than anything we've ever done.
Well, since that day, God's proven to us over & over that He's here and we did the right thing with that leap of faith. Here's a few examples-
When my mom was here, anxiously awaiting the birth of Josh, our car broke down. She & my dad were able to help us get it fixed. My parents have never questioned our decision for me to remain home and remind us daily that they're here for us. They send care packages at just the right times- when the kids grow and we're between paychecks, a package comes from Nana & Papa that has a little something to tide us over. Or, they send little things that they know we won't splurge for...What a comfort to know that we are physically far away, but never far from their hearts and that they also listen to and act on God's whispers that let them know exactly what we need. Mom & Max, you are angels on earth. We couldn't do this without your support. Thanks for always being there for us and for comforting me when I question the direction our lives are going. We love you both, so much. Mom, you keep Shauna Borich close to Joey's heart because you are everything she was...thank you for the comfort you give my husband that she's still looking out for him through you.
Somehow, we overpaid our escrow this last year and recieved a check in the mail... WHAT?! THAT NEVER HAPPENS! In addition, our house payment is going DOWN $17.00 a month. Not much to most, but in our house, it's a whole lot and we appreciate every penny.
We've been planning to drive home this summer for quite some time...we both desperately need recharged by our families. We haven't seen most of them for a year and a half, and only my mom has met Josh. We can afford to take our time, since Joe has a solid month off due to the kindness of his co-worker, Brian Coon. Each full-time coach is expected to cover the football office for 5 days during their month off. The days are picked according to seniority and Joe is 2nd to last on the totem pole. Brian let Joe pick his days before him to help us get as much time as we could. Funny thing is, Brian says it's no big deal. Well, IT IS TO US!! Thank you... In addition, his wife, Heather has been a Godsend for me. She has watched the boys for us countless times through all of my health issues since Josh was born. I've had many doctor's appointments that would have been so hard to take the boys to and she's insisted that I drop them off to her. Max, being 2, is very attached to me since I've stayed home and I know it's not been easy for Heather, but she does it anyway. Thank you, Heather. You've made those appointments so much easier and you'll never fully know how much I appreciate your help.
My brother-in-law, Rich, won plane tickets as a prize in a raffle or something at work. We've been trying to get he & my sister to come back out (they have been here once, our 1st season), but they are eyeball deep in remodeling their house. They called Joe & I from speaker phone a week ago and told us that they were transferring the tickets into our names the following day and we'd be flying home, not driving. This creates an extra week for us to spend with our families and now we don't have to put miles on our very old, high milage cars! Rich, thank you. I know I'm generally a pain in your @#!, but I thank you from the bottom of my heart. You are an incredibly generous gift from God. We love you and can't wait to hang in your beautiful house!
There are many more examples I could give, but I think you get the picture! We just wanted you all to know the small miracles that keep happening here that keep us above water.

Here are pix from Memorial Day weekend, when we went to Mykah's school to fly a kite, play soccer and play on the toys. For my birthday, we drove around the lake and Joe found a miniature golf course that we stopped at. Those days were wonderful, so we want to share them, as well.
WE'LL SEE YOU SOON!!!!!!!!


2 comments:

Tammy said...

Megan, good for you being a stay-at-home mom. I joined the stay-at-home league two years ago and I enjoy every minute of it. You do wonder if financially you will make it but it all works out. You and your children will benefit having you home. Good job!

Sheri Cox said...

Megan it is hard financially to stay at home, but it is worth the extra effort. I worked just for vacations or sick days for the dentist after I left. Just do what you can do.
I can't wait to see all of you
love