Sunday, March 1, 2009

And then there were 5...

Welcome Josh Thomas Borich! Josh was born on February 25th, 2009 at 5:12pm Eastern Standard Time (finally!) He weighed in at 7 lbs 5 ozs and was 21" long. We are extremely blessed to have added another healthy baby to the Borich family! Get ready for an abundance of pictures... Bear with us!!!!




Mykah is the best big sister ever (sorry to all other big sisters, but it's true!) She has been waiting (not so) patiently for Josh to join us. I love the pure joy and love written all over her face in this first picture of the 2 of them.



Max, on the other hand, couldn't have cared less about Josh or anything else when he got to the hospital to see us. He found the chocolate cake that Nana got for Daddy and that was the only thing on his mind. We'd say "Max, this is your brother, Josh." and he'd say, "Mmmm, good cake!" So we let him enjoy the cake!!!!




Proud Nana! My poor mom has been here since Feb. 15th. I can't even pretend that I've been a good hostess...the misery that I was in at the end of my pregnancy was impossible for me to haul myself out of, even to spend time with my mom. Hopefully, I've been less of a beast since the birth. Mom, we couldn't have done this without you and I thank you from the bottom of my heart for being here for us-in more ways than one. We thank God every day for you... You continue to show Joe & me what kind of parents we want to be.




The new Borich family picture!




My beautiful husband and new son. There aren't words to describe the love that I feel for my husband. He's been through so much this last month, but not once did he falter in his role as father and husband. Joe, you are my rock. You own my heart and my soul. Thank you for this beautiful child...





Our amazing kids...




The Borich boys...We finally got a little interest from Max- yes, we were out of chocolate cake at this point. Mykah and I realized about this time that we are now out-numbered. Mykah reminded Joe that it doesn't really matter, though, because "Mama is still the queen". Have I taught that child, or what?! Everyone has proud moments as a parent...this is one of my proudest! I even got a little teary-eyed! (Hormones?)




Getting ready to go home from the hospital!






Picture this all you dads...My sweet hubby went to pull the car to the front door of the hospital to take the newest addition to his family home. He made a couple of other trips out to take all of the gear and hook up the base to the carseat so we could just load up Josh and go. My mom, the nurse who was escorting us out and I were waiting in the lobby, wondering what the heck was taking so long! When we saw Joe walking back into the lobby, we knew the news couldn't be good...the battery in our car had died! The semi-funny part was that we'd been waiting for the battery to die at a REALLY inopportune time, but this was almost unbelievable! Luckily, Mom was there with our other car...but we had to wait longer for Joe to move everything he'd already loaded into the other car. Could this have been a lesson in procrastination? We finally did make it home-after 5 hours of errands on the way home-including a new battery!!!

Josh was exhausted from all the effort it took to be so stinkin' cute!





Kisses for "Baby Dosh" -the official Max name




Joe was holding Josh this morning and Max crawled up on his lap, too! By the way, Max is doing great with Josh. We were worried about him, but he seems to be fine with having someone new in our house. His last day in daycare was Friday, so we'll see if he makes the transition as smoothly as it seems. A mom can dream, right?




I think Josh will spend lots of time in this position, just chillin' on Daddy's lap!




That's it for now. My broken tailbone (thanks, Josh) will not allow me to sit on this chair ANY MORE...We love you all & miss you terribly! Any chance the addition to our family will get any of you to come out here and visit?!

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

What an awesome family. I love you all. I am checking for cheap flights. Phil would love for you to take him fishing in New York.

Anonymous said...

What an awesome family. I love you all. I am checking for cheap flights. Phil would love for you to take him fishing in New York.

Chad and Kelly said...

So CUTE! I really think the pictures of Josh on the football blanket look a lot like my kids! Wow! maybe Joe and I really do have some of the same genes. You guys all look so happy and I am so happy for you! Life will get a little crazy at times, but it is all worth every minute! I love you guys and we wish we could be there with you! Kisses and hugs!

Anonymous said...

AWE Meg! He's absolutely beautiful! And worth the wait!! (hehe) I'm so happy for your family and how do you look so good after having a baby?? You make the rest of us look bad!

Ellie said...

You always look so good after having a baby.... what's up with that I always look exhausted and crappy... or after Alyssa I looked tired and drugged... Good for you. He is gorgeous CONGRATS I can't wait to see more pic's any chance we will get to hold him any time soon?? No rush though. We miss you so much hope to hear from you now that Josh is finally here. Love you Ellie and Kevin.

Roth Family said...

Meg--Yeah he is finally here and adorable as ever! Your family is beautiful. BTW, you do look amazing. How do you do it? I love the newborn stage and miss not being able to ever experience it again. Enjoy!!!!!

Brenda said...

OMG! Josh is so cute. Great pics. You really have beautiful family. Congrats again. And I'm glad you are home and everyone is doing well. And I see that the east coast is getting hammerd with snow. Please stay safe and warm.

xoxoxoxo

Anonymous said...

Congrats!!! You guys are so cute... We would love to come visit in fact theres a couple jobs out that way that interests Bill. Hey thats a idea then I could babysit!!! Love ya Keep in touch.

Amy said...

What a beautiful baby and CUTE family! We are so happy for you and your new addition. Mykah, you look like a natural. Isn't it great when their is a big sister that can help! We have thought of you all often this last month. Know that you have been in our thoughts and prayers. Love, the Soffe family.

Jess said...

It was great to see you today and to catch up on your blog. I love the background!